Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Update and Second Donation Check - in the MAIL!

We've been over 200 likes on Facebook for a few days, but I had a bunch of bills piling up and I forced myself to write all those checks out so I could mail everything out together.

The support that The Mama Bear Effect has received has been really touching and I've got so many ideas in the pipeline, that once I set this all up as a non-profit, things are really going to get moving.

Anything that you can do to share this cause with your friends and family - please do so. It is SO CRUCIAL that people take the time to educate themselves about child sexual abuse. So many people are uncomfortable hearing and talking about it, so many people want to live with rose-colored glasses - that this couldn't happen to them, and some are just simply ignorant of the facts and what to do about it. 

So, please, please. Share the Mama Bear Effect posts on your wall, encourage your friends to follow it. 

I am about 2/3 through taking an online Darkness to Light Stewards of Children course on preventing child sexual abuse. It is taking a decent amount of time, and I'm taking tons of notes - but I feel SO EMPOWERED by the information that I've gained. I really look forward to sharing everything I've learned.





No comments:

Post a Comment